Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bury Your Lesbians


On the TVTropes wiki, there is a page titled “Bury Your Gays.” In short, it’s about how homosexuals on television get the short end of the stick, usually resulting in death. Examples include LostSupernatural and, as I’ll explain, House.
I’ve just started watching House; my last episode watched was the fourth. So, I was watching and enjoying it (besides from the utter terror of every surgery scene), and was happy when there was a lesbian couple. Like, woah! Lesbians! On television!
And then their baby died. The baby of the straight couple that caused the illness of the episode got to keep their baby. Granted, the straight couple didn’t know that they were the cause, but still. Screw you, House. It’s not like it’s expensive, awkward and painful to figure out which mother gets to have a child and then raise it, while potentially not even being married due to Christian fanatics.
I’ll still watch House, but know that I’m pretty miffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment